Stan James are a leading European remote sports betting business based in Gibraltar. Having set up in Gibraltar in the late 90s and grown rapidly, Stan James had developed a reputation as both an innovative and entrepreneurial business and a quality employer. Peter Fisher, the founder of the business recognised that future business success and growth required the business to change its approach and culture and ‘grow’ as a business. It needed to maintain its entrepreneurial spirit while developing as a professional, well run business with clear leadership, an effective management team and robust business processes that ensure the very best customer experience and delivery against shareholders expectations.
Peter Fisher asked Innergy to conduct an organisational review, looking at the leadership and people management of the business. 1 to 1’s with senior management, focus groups with middle management and non management, a review of HR practices and an online employee survey enabled Innergy to make some clear recommendations as to how Stan James could develop as an organisation to ensure it was in a position to deliver the strategy. Innergy were asked to help the senior management team implement the recommendations.
Over a period of 18 months, Innergy worked with the Chief Executive and helped the management team:
- Recruit a Head of HR and establish an effective HR function
- Restructure the senior management team, and ensure the right leaders were in place
- Challenge and develop the approach, decision making and effectiveness of the senior management team
- Coach members of the Executive Management Team to develop their approach
- Deliver a leadership and management development programme to equip the management team with key skills and approaches to getting the best out of people
- Implement a process for ongoing bottom up communication including employee engagement surveys
- Develop the accountability of management to deliver departmental and team performance improvement
- Review and implement a change to the reward strategy
- Develop the communication strategy
- Facilitate the development of future strategies, involving and engaging management in the process
- Run outplacement programmes for the UK business which was relocated to Gibraltar
Stan James has radically matured and developed as an organisation. There has been significant year on year improvement in terms of how employees perceived the management team and the way performance was managed within the business. The management team is established as an effective decision making and leadership body. The significant change that has been achieved means that the business is well positioned to deliver its strategic aspirations.
Alastair Lunn, Manager: “The training provided practical tools and ideas to implement. Thought provoking, interactive, challenging and highly relevant.”
What they said..
“Innergy have helped us to take our business forward through a period of substantial change. They have developed our employees and therefore the business at every level, including coaching the CEO, one to one performance and development sessions with senior and middle management, performance management and recruitment and selection training and senior level recruitment.
Innergy have also carried out two employee surveys. The Innergy guys are engaging, professional and determined. They have helped us develop our strategy and business objectives. They have proven himself to be realistic and practical in helping us to implement these. The approach Innergy took was efficient and effective, consistently addressing both individual and organisational needs. The style of training and support was motivational and very thorough, and the feedback from everyone who attended was incredibly positive. I have no hesitation in recommending Innergy as they have been a pleasure to work with, always energetic”
Diane Pagett - Head of Human Resources