Whizz-Kidz is a charity that is all about giving disabled children and young people the independence to enjoy an active childhood – at home, at school and at play.
By providing them with customised mobility equipment, training, advice and life skills, they actually give them something much more important; the independence to be themselves. The charity make an immediate and life changing difference to the children’s lives and their families.
Having run an employee engagement survey for the fundraising team, a number of areas were identified that would help the team improve their motivation and performance and ultimately deliver more to the beneficiaries.
Innergy designed an interactive programme for the fundraising team which enabled the delegates to:
- Improve the way that they communicate and interact with others not only internally but also with the donors more effectively
- Learn new ways to engage with donors and understand their decision making process more clearly.
- Test how well they meet the needs of their donors, and find ways to improve their reputation as a charity of choice.
- Explore new ways to improve motivation within the team through more innovative thinking.
Rating the session on average as good / excellent, the team came away enthused about how to apply some of the practical tools and techniques into their day to day roles, such as:
- how to bring more creativity into the fundraising process
- how to provide a better service for supporters
- how to communicate more effectively with other members of the team as well as the donors.
It helped bring the team together and recognise the contribution that all provide.
As some of the feedback explains:
“It instilled confidence by recognising everyone’s values".
"The session was creative and it gave tangible ways to encourage more creativity.”
“It was fun …… The right mix of discussion and info given”
What they said..
“Innergy put together an excellent session for us which was both fun and enlightening. The team understands more about how to communicate with different personality types, how to engage potential supporters and how to keep our existing supporters happy. Thank you for increasing our skills and motivation yet further”.
Graham Kelly - Director of Fundraising