Goodwood is home to one of the world’s leading luxury brand experiences and host to iconic events such as Glorious Goodwood and the Festival of Speed. Above and beyond world these world renowned sports events, Goodwood offers private and corporate entertainment at the exquisite Goodwood House, food and drink at a number of superb locations on the estate, as well as a host of activities and experiences including golf, shooting, health clubs and aviation.
Goodwood’s vision is to become the best place to work in the world and the world’s leading luxury brand experience. To help them on the journey, Innergy were invited to partner with the People and Development team to help design and develop a leadership and management development programme to equip the management population with the confidence and ability to deliver an exceptional service and experience to both customers and employees, helping managers become inspirational and effective leaders, while remaining commercially focused.
Innergy invested time to unpack the very unique Goodwood culture and determine a clear and measureable vision of success. This investment in analysis and design phase led to a program design which built upon and recognised the Goodwood Values, established performance and engagement frameworks, and the strategic priorities. The solution was a development program which:
- Maximised delegate engagement with a tailored focus on individual needs
- Created a strong working relationship of support and accountability between delegate, manager and Innergy coach
- Integrated a blend of relevant and bespoke techniques and exercises aligned to the Goodwood way
- Incorporated individual innovation projects delivering tangible benefits
For each group of management delegates the program involved 1:1 pre-program interviews, Personality profiling, 6 full days of training in leading edge management and leadership development, pastoral support and care and a post program 1:1
Innergy facilitated a number of workshops with senior decision makers and different divisions and teams to develop strategies taking the experiences enjoyed by customers to the next level in the pursuit of perfection.
The management delegates implemented newly learned approaches which:
- inspired improved and measurable performance - managers on the programme achieved even greater levels of employee engagement
- realised tangible efficiencies though process improvement, business improvement and innovation
- developed service enhancing processes and team behaviours, and energised the team.
- enabled managers to step up as influential leaders across the Estate
What they said..
"Innergy invested a lot of time getting to know the business and culture of Goodwood. The impact of working with Innergy has created better levels of employee engagement, enhanced customer experiences and developed a stronger management team! I am delighted - the feedback has been so positive.
Innergy can work at every level, from senior leader to the front line team. What particularly works is the way they design solutions to fit with both the Goodwood Values and the specific challenges and opportunities faced at individual, team and organisational levels. I feel like we work in a real partnership with an open and honest relationship”
Natalie Walker Head of People and Development
Delegates on the program described it as ‘Foundational!’ and ’Inspirational!’ and ‘Illuminating!’
• ‘I've been on lots of management courses and this was the best"
• ‘I never thought anyone could help me become more confident – thank you!’
• ‘The delivery was great – practical tools that really work’
• ‘I am sad it’s over! - I took so much away from it’
• ‘The facilitation and presentation were top notch - so much better than similar events I have been on’